- Designer: User Access
- DocuSign: Feature Overview in Designer
- Enable Patient Delete
- Brand Terminology: Flexibility
- Designer Overview
- Forms: Conditional Logic
- Programs and Phases
- Communication Templates
- Notifications and Alerts
- Presentation: Customized Layouts and Action Bar
- Data Views
- Custom Data Types
- Change Summary and Version History
- eRx: DrFirst Overview
Custom Data Types
Custom data types are designed to support the capture, storage and reporting of data that is important for the care program. Customers have full control over the data types they build and the data fields within each type. Data types can be set up to be a single record, for data where there is only one active record (ex: patient demographics data) or multi-record, where you want to collect historical data or more than one record for that data type (ex: vital signs or list of emergency contacts for a patient)
Data fields in the custom data type can be set as PHI to adhere to privacy and security of patients. Special scoring data types are provided by Welkin to support scoring assessments and trending scores on graphs and charts.
Different types of data:
Data is the foundation of the care program. In Designer, there are different types of data that can be configured to capture the data needed for the care program you are building.
- Dictionaries: These are data structures that can be used for lookup data. Some examples of lookup data would include, ICD-10 lists, CPT lists, medication lists, provider lists. Data can be loaded via an API and used as a field in a data type.
- Patient Info: Extension of Welkin patient profile – custom patient data
- Data Types: Data types represent the custom data that will be used for the care program. Data types are used in Data Views, Charts and Graphs, Forms, Automations, and Templates, and therefore are the first step for building the care program in Welkin Designer.
- Custom Field Types: When you are building data types that use the same answers for a data field, custom field types allow you to create the fields once, and use them in any data type. An example of where you may want to use this would be a scoring assessment where the answers repeat (like ranges from “0 – not at all” to “5 – extremely”). Instead of building the answers repeatedly, you can build a custom field type and re-use it for all fields in the data type.
- Document Types: Create document types to store data that is relevant for your program and for the patient. Examples of the types of document types that can be created are: Lab Results, Clinical Notes, Referral forms, Insurance cards. Pdf, png and jpeg are the types of files that are supported to start. Custom data can also be configured for each document type if you want to store data about the document (ex: member ID from the image of the insurance card). These documents are stored in the document repository in Welkin.