- Care: Home Screen
- Care: Programs and Phases
- Care: Profiles Overview
- DocuSign: Feature Overview in Care
- Bulk Edit
- Care Overview
- Labs: Health Gorilla
- Home Screen
- Reports and Exports
- Communication Center: Telehealth / Video Calling
- Communication Center: SMS
- Communication Center: Calls
- Communication Center: Chat
- Communication Center: Email Functionality
- Care Plans: Goal Tracking
- Forms and Assessments
- Care Teams
- Care Management Platform: Welkin Health
- Charts and Graphs
- Communication Center
- Patient Profile
- Task Management
- User Profile
- Patient Profile
- Care: My Patients and Bulk Edits/Actions
- Logging in
- Encounters: Draft Mode and Finalizing Notes & Assessments
- Reset Your Password: Jira Service Management (JSM)
- Manage Unrecognized Communication
- Contact Patient
- Update: Program or Phase
- Encounters: Create, Modify, complete
- Calendar: Setting Up Working Hours
- Create Events
- Create Tasks
- Upload Documents
- Creating Forms and Assessments
- Patient Profile: Editing Patient Information
- Patient Creation and Search Functionality
In this article, we’ll walk through:
- What is the Communication Center
- How to use the Communication Center
After reading this article, you will:
- Understand how the Welkin Health Communication Center works
- Be able to send messages or assessments to patients
What is the Welkin Health Communication Center?
Welkin Health supports the ability to communicate with patients in multiple ways via the Communication Center. All Care Team members can communicate with their patients within the Welkin Health Care Portal. Care Teams can also see all interactions between the Care Team and patient. These forms of communication include secure email, text/SMS messaging, phone, chat, video conferencing, and other forms.
How to Use the Communication Center
Communicating With Patients
The Communication Center can be found in the Patient Summary Navigation Bar. Within the Patient Summary Navigation Bar, select the icon for the appropriate communication method for you to use. By clicking the orange button in the upper right-hand corner, you can draft a message, call, or chat with your patient.
Using Communication Templates
Additionally, Care Teams have the ability to utilize a predetermined template. Click the drop-down menu in the top write of the message to select a template created by your program administrator. Communication templates are defined and managed within the Designer Tool of Welkin Health. These communication templates allow for automated workflows to stay on top of patient engagement.
Patient Facing Assessments through the Communication Center
Care Teams will have the option to send patients a link to complete an online assessment. These patient-facing forms are used to collect information directly from the patients. They are sent from the Communication Center via email or text/SMS message. Sending a patient an assessment link does not require the patient to register or log in to a page or platform. Assessments are created by the program administrator and can be found in the same drop-down menu as templates. Learn more about creating and sending patient-facing assessments.
Communicate with patients through our communication center. SMS and email messages can be sent from anyone on the patient’s care team. SMS/Email messages received from the patient can be reviewed and responded to within the Communication Center from the patient’s profile. Secure email is available for any communication to the patient that needs to be encrypted. Draft emails can be created and sent to the patient when desired.
Existing patients or people who are not yet patients of your program can call, email or send sms to a Welkin Customer’s Care Portal. These messages can be read or listened to, and can easily be added to existing patient profiles.