- Care: Home Screen
- Care: Programs and Phases
- Care: Profiles Overview
- DocuSign: Feature Overview in Care
- Bulk Edit
- Care Overview
- Labs: Health Gorilla
- Home Screen
- Reports and Exports
- Communication Center: Telehealth / Video Calling
- Communication Center: SMS
- Communication Center: Calls
- Communication Center: Chat
- Communication Center: Email Functionality
- Care Plans: Goal Tracking
- Forms and Assessments
- Care Teams
- Care Management Platform: Welkin Health
- Charts and Graphs
- Communication Center
- Patient Profile
- Task Management
- User Profile
- Patient Profile
- Care: My Patients and Bulk Edits/Actions
- Logging in
- Encounters: Draft Mode and Finalizing Notes & Assessments
- Reset Your Password: Jira Service Management (JSM)
- Manage Unrecognized Communication
- Contact Patient
- Update: Program or Phase
- Encounters: Create, Modify, complete
- Calendar: Setting Up Working Hours
- Create Events
- Create Tasks
- Upload Documents
- Creating Forms and Assessments
- Patient Profile: Editing Patient Information
- Patient Creation and Search Functionality
In this article, we’ll walk through:
- What are Encounters?
After reading this article, you will:
- Understand the types of Encounters
- Understand How Encounters Work
- Be able to create an Encounter
- Know how to view Encounters
- Be able to begin an Encounter
- Complete Encounters
Encounters provide visibility into the past, present, and future interactions with the patient. They are a way to group related information, like calendar events, assessments, and notes, so the care team gets a better picture of what happened during a patient interaction. Encounters contain all the necessary information payers require for insurance claims to be processed successfully.
Types of Encounters
Encounter types can be customized in the Designer tool to provide full control over what information is included in the Encounter. The Encounter can include the appointment and visit details (if associated with a calendar event), the name of the care team member who interacted with the patient, assessments, and notes that were taken during the interaction. Encounters will be on a timeline in the patient’s profile.
How Encounters Work
From the Encounters tab in the platform, you can see Encounters that are in progress, in the future or ones that have not yet taken place. This information also includes canceled and completed Encounters.
While most Encounters are generated via API, you can also create them within the orange Create Encounters button in the top-right. Choose from one of the pre-determined templates and the system will auto-schedule an ad hoc encounter in one hour’s time. Once the Encounter has been created, you can modify the time. Additionally, there will be details such as pre-assigned description, disposition codes, and any pre-populated dispositions, as well as any notes or assessments to be completed during the Encounter.
From this same screen, you can edit the name and description of the Encounter, as well as change any dispositions and notes on the Encounter. These can be changed before you formally start the interaction.
Viewing Encounters within Your Personal Calendar
Encounters can be viewed within your personal calendar. To view this, click See in Calendar where it will open this item. From here, you can review the event title, any descriptions, as well as change any colors if you choose to color-code items.
Beginning an Encounter
Once it is time to begin the Encounter, click the Start button in the upper right-hand corner. This will time stamp the beginning of your Encounter. The next step is to complete any required notes and assessments for the Encounter.
When you have completed all the notes and assessments within the Encounter, you will also need to ensure you resolve any dispositions that are required to complete the Encounter. Once the assessment forms and dispositions have been resolved, you can complete the Encounter by clicking Complete in the top right corner. After completing, it will show under the past and canceled Encounter view.
All of the information completed during an Encounter is exportable via API and is recorded in the system data audits for use in billing if necessary.